Chloramine T(Tosylchloramide Sodium)
[English Name]: Chloramine T(Tosylchloramide Sodium)
[Synonyms]: Chloramine, N-Chloro-4-toluenesulfonamide sodium salt, Chlorazone, Halamid, Tochloirine
[Molecular Formula]: C7H7CINNaO2S.3H2O
[Molecular Weight]: 281.7
[CAS Number]: 127-65-1
1. This production is white or slightly yellow crystalline powder. Slight chlorine smell, no bitter, slowly degrade divulging the air. Chlorine only reduced 0.1% in a year and became yellow following losing chlorine gradually. Soluble in water, ethanol, not soluble in chloroform, ethyl ether or benzene. Its aqueous solution is slightly alkaline for phenolphthalein and litmus reagent reaction, pH8-10.
2. Chloramine-T contains chlorine for 23-26%. Chloramine-T is equivalent to contain 91. 5-100% C7H7CINNaO2S.3H2O. If it is exposed in air, it will gradually decompose and lose chlorine. It must be stored in sealed containers and kept in a dry and cool place.
3. A chloramine-T can dissolve in 7 units water (15.5°C) or two units boiling water. Chloramine T is an extremely relaxed oxidants in neutral or alkaline medium. It will produce a lot of oxygen when heated, this early ecological oxide can oxide natural sources pigment, thus achieving bleaching effect.
4. Chloramine T is very difficult to be controlled because of releasing dramatically oxygen in acidic media carve. Therefore it is better to use chloramine T to bleach in the most appropriate neutral solution. That is to say, making chloramine T dissolves into the water, heating or hot water directly dissolved, can play its bleaching capacity.
1. As a disinfectant. Chloramine T is a topical bactericidal disinfectants, including chlorine 24-25%. It's relatively stable and has functions for killing right bacteria, viruses, fungi, spores. Its principle is that solution dissolves hypochlorite and releases chlorine, having a slow and long-lasting bactericidal effect and soluble necrotic tissue. The effect is mild and lasting, no irritation on the mucous membrane, without any side effects, the effect is excellent, commonly used in washing and disinfecting the wound and ulcer; widely used in disinfecting for sterile room disinfection and sterilization of medical equipment of pharmaceutical enterprises; applicable to disinfect for drinking water, eating utensils, food, all kinds of equipment, fruit and vegetable farming industry, disinfect wounds and clean mucous membrane; also used for poisoning gas disinfection; be bleaching agent and oxidative desizing agent in the textile industry, supplying chlorine. Its disinfection is less affected by organic. In the application, chloramine can accelerate the chemical reactions and reduce the dosage of drug if adding salt (chloride, ammonium sulfate)with the 1:1 ratio. Rinse wound with 1%-2%; mucosa consumption with 0.1%-0.2%; when disinfect drinking water, adding 2-4 grams chloramine to per ton water; edible disinfection with 0.05%-0.1%. 0.2% solution can kill bacteria-breeding for an hour, 5% solution can kill Mycobacterium tuberculosis for two hours and kill the spores taking 10 hours or more. Various ammonium salts can promote its disinfection effect. 1-2.5% solution can have functions on hepatitis virus. 3% solution is used for disinfecting excreta. In everyday's use, disinfection liquid prepared with the ratio 1:500 is stable, non-toxic, non-irritating reaction, no sour, no corrosion, safety use. Chloramine can be used for disinfecting indoor air, the environment and equipment, appliances, toys polished, soaking disinfecting. This product is less stable in aqueous solution, it is allocated to use it with fresh solution. When using time become too long, its disinfection activity become low.
2. Chloramine T used in the dyeing
(1) bleaching agent. Chloramine T used primarily for bleaching plant fiber. Its application is very convenient, only dissolving in a certain amount of water and diluting to 0.1%-0.3% solution by adding water, bleach fabric when heated to 70-80°C. Chloramine T can be used for rayon fabric bleaching, only put bleached things into the above solution, heated to 70-80°C, placed a two-hour later, washed and then a short acetate or short hydrochloric acid washing, neutralisate fabric remnants alkaline.
(2) Oxidation desizing agent. Sodium hypochlorite and chloramine-T are used for cotton desizing oxidant. Chloramine T reacts with water, than generates hypochlorite, hypochlorous further decomposes and releases early ecological oxygen. Chemical reaction is as follows:
Oxidants' desizing is more rapidly, but we must pay great attention to the conditions of the project control, otherwise it would damage fibers.
3. Chloramine-T can promote cell differentiation.
[Package]: Keep sealed on 8-15°C. Protect from light.
[Store]: 25kg PE bags/carton or barrel. Product can be packaged in accordance with the requirements of customers.